Kinyarwanda is a language spoken in Rwanda, a Central African country. It is also spoken in neighboring countries, such as Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Kinyarwanda is part of the Bantu family of languages. Kinyarwanda is the official language of Rwanda. It is estimated that about 90% of the Rwandan population speaks Kinyarwanda as their first language. The other 10% speak one of the other three official languages of Rwanda: French, English, or Swahili. Kinyarwanda is a tonal language, which means that the meaning of a word can change depending on the pitch of a speaker's voice. For example, the word "umwana" can mean either "child" or "children", depending on the tone of the speaker's voice. Kinyarwanda is a relatively simple language to learn, especially for English speakers. For example, there is no conjugation of verbs, and there are only two tenses: past and present. There are also no genders in Kinyarwanda, so there is no need to remember whether a noun is masculine or feminine. One of the most interesting aspects of Kinyarwanda is its use of proverbs. Proverbs are an important part of the Rwandan culture, and are used to teach lessons about life, morality, and wisdom. Some popular proverbs include: "Ikinya kinyarwanda, kinya kinyarwanda": This proverb means "If you want to speak Rwandan, speak Rwandan." In other words, if you want to be a part of the Rwandan community, you need to learn the language. "Iri nyamavuko, iri nyamaso": This proverb means "He who has no cows, has no wealth." Cows are an important part of Rwandan culture, and are often seen as a symbol of wealth. "Igihugu cyose, cya muntu cyose": This proverb means "A country belongs to everyone." This is a reminder that everyone has a responsibility to take care of their country.

Language group

Bantu languages

Language locales, regions and scripts

Kinyarwanda, Rwanda, Latin
Kinyarwanda, Rwanda
Kinyarwanda, Latin